Before publishing any insert to your production app, you are likely going to want to test it. Using capabilities in the Insert platform, you can send an insert to one or more defined testers such that they can test it on their own devices. Here are the steps involved:
- Define Testers. In the Insert Console, add one or more users with the Tester role and access to the appropriate apps. Testers only have the ability to test an insert. They cannot create, edit or publish an insert. You can provide your testers with access to any app stages that you see fit. (You can read more about roles and permissions here).
- Once an insert is ready for testing, the author can submit it for testing from the Review page in the insert creation wizard. The insert is moved to TEST status and all testers receive an email inviting them to test the insert.
- Testers can see all inserts that were submitted for testing in their dashboard.
- Testers have to pair their device with Insert. Then they use the "Test on Device" option to test inserts on various devices.
- Once testing is successfully completed, the insert can be submitted for approval and published by users with the appropriate roles.
- Insert authors can remove an insert from testing at any time.