The Kony Mobility Platform is an open and standards-based, integrated platform that supports entire application software development lifecycle (SDLC) and enables organizations to go from idea to omni-channel app in just a few weeks.
This document explains how Insert framework can be integrated with iOS applications developed on the Kony Platform.
1 First-Time Integration
- Build the application for iOS in Kony Visualizer (or Kony Studio for Kony Platform < 7.0 versions).
- In the generated Xcode project, add Insert framework using the steps given by Insert for “Add Insert framework manually”
- Follow Insert instructions for your Insert application for setting the URL scheme
- Override Kony’s default App Delegate class as below
- In Xcode project create a new Class, which should be subclass of VMAppDelegate. For example:
@interface MyAppVMAppDelegate : VMAppDelegate
- Replace “#import VMAppDelegate.h" in KonyAppDelegateClassFactory.m with “#import MyAppVMAppDelegate.h". Example:-
- In the same file (KonyAppDelegateClassFactory.m) change return statement of AppDelegateClass as
return [<Custom Delegate> class];
Eg: return [MyAppVMAppDelegate class];
- In the implementation of the VMAppDelegate subclass, initialize Insert framework in the didFinishLaunchingWithOptions function as per the instructions given by Insert for your application.
- Build the application in Xcode, launch and test Insert integration
2 Automating the integration process
The Kony software generates an Android Studio project. Thus, to keep the above integration from being overridden you will need to automate the integration process.
We are working with Kony on up to date automation instructions. For further information please contact Insert or Kony customer support.