You can target with an insert a specific segment of your app's users such that only these users will see the insert. You can use the pre-defined segments, or create your own custom segment. Custom segments are automatically saved so you can reuse them across multiple inserts.
A segment is built of filter conditions which describe the characteristics of a subset of your app's users. You can combine multiple segment filters to create the right segment for a given insert you build.
Segment filters include:
- Device attributes: Target by form factor (smartphone or tabelt) and device OS version.
- Demographics: Target by device country (per device IP) or a device's preferred language.
- App usage pattern: Target by frequency of use. Examples include targeting first time users, returning users, users returning after an upgrade, users in their first week of use, users who have not been active for X days, users who have installed the app recently, and other functions of frequency.
- Specific App Activity: Target by previous in-app activity. You can filter users who have/have not viewed a specific screen or have/have not tapped on a specific element. This feature helps you find users who have abandoned flows (i.e. visited the cart screen but did not checkout), never used certain features, and more.
- Custom Events: In the App Activity tab you can also filter by past events that the app set with insert.
- User Attributes: Target using custom attributes. You can filter users based on attributes such as age, gender, status, and more. Your app is responsible for setting the value of these attributes. See this article for more details.
If you need a segment filter that does not exist, please let us know at email@example.com.