There are two ways to get started with your free Insert trial:
- Download our sample app, Insert Viewer, from the App Store or from Google Play and use it to test Insert capabilities. This requires no coding from your team.
- Integrate the Insert SDK into your own app, and start testing Insert capabilities. This requires minimal development effort. SDK integration instructions can be found under the SDK section of the App Details page.
Note that either way, once you launch the app for the first time, you'll be asked in the web to set it up by capturing the app's screens. Capturing screens will help you hook future inserts to specific app locations.
Insert Viewer App
Your trial account is initialized with three pre-built inserts for the Insert Viewer. You need to start the pre-built inserts in order to experience them in the app. To do this, navigate to the Insert dashboard and click on one of the inserts. You will be taken to the Review page where you can see the insert's settings. Click the Publish button, close the Insert Viewer app on your device, and re-open it. The inserts will now be active, but to see them in the app you need to perform the appropriate triggers:
- The 30% Off Kids Hats insert will open once you select the Kids category on the main catalog page.
- The Modify 'Checkout' text insert changes the text of the "Proceed to Checkout" button on the cart page to "Buy Now!"
- The Get Coupon Notifications? insert will be invoked at the end of a purchase process. To complete a purchase, start by adding any product to the cart. Navigate to the cart and click on Proceed to Checkout button (Buy Now! if the Modify 'Checkout' text insert is started). On the Checkout page, click the Checkout button and you will see the survey. No real purchases are made within the app.