Insert allows you to define multiple users under a single account. You can add as many users as necessary and assign roles based on their responsibilities. User management is done on the Account page under the Team tab.
A user can have multiple roles out of the following list:
- Account Admin - Admins who can manage users for the account.
- App Admin - Admins who can manage apps in the account.
- Account & App Admin – Admins can manage users and apps.
- Author – Authors can create inserts, edit them once they are in draft status and delete them while they are in draft status. Authors can manage screens: capture, edit and delete them (if they are not in use). Authors can set up a new app version as this process requires verifying all app's screens. Authors can send inserts for publish approval, but cannot publish the insert themselves. Authors can submit inserts for testing.
- Publisher – Publishers can publish inserts, stop inserts and delete them. Once an insert is sent for approval, all publishers receive an email and any one of them can open the insert and publish it. Publishers can also submit inserts for testing.
- Tester - Testers can test inserts submitted for testing on various devices. A tester cannot create, edit or publish inserts. You can read more about insert testing here.
You can also assign access at an app level in Insert. This means that when users access the Insert Console, they will only see the apps to which they have been granted access.
Furthermore, each of your app versions can be assigned with a 'Stage' tag in the App Versions tab of the App. An app stage can be one of 'Development', 'Test', 'Production' and signifies the development stage of the app version. This allows for further access control where a user who does not have permissions to work with a specific app version stage (for example, 'Production') doesn't see the inserts of this stage in his dashboard and can't modify them in any way.