The 'Push with Insert' is a special type of push notification. When an app user clicks on the push notification, they will be taken directly to an insert that you specify.
Push with insert enables you to present a consistent campaign from push notification to the specified insert. Usually, the triggered insert provides the user with more information on the promotion or proposal included in the push notification. This allows you to easily lead a user to a direct call-to-action in the app.
To create a Push with Insert campaign, follow two simple steps:
1. First, create the insert you want to open in the app (we call it the Triggered Insert), and ensure you configure a Deep Link. Publish the insert.
2. Second, create a Push with Insert insert. On the content page, select the insert you created in step 1.
- Make sure that the Push with Insert and the Triggered Insert are both associated with the same app version.
- We recommend using the same segment for both inserts.
- Make sure that the push date falls within the schedule for the Triggered Insert (if one was set).
You can click the PUSH TO DEVICE button in the creation wizard for the Push with Insert instance to test the entire flow. Once you are ready, simply publish the Push with Insert.