Highlight Text Insert
Our Highlight Text insert is now available for iOS. It enables highlighting specific feed items or labels with a background color of your choice. This feature requires updating to the latest iOS SDK.
As an example, you can use this insert type to highlight the product name or price of an item on sale in your app.
When using this insert, the marketer selects the following:
- The screen and UI element to highlight in the app
- The highlight background color
- An entrance animation and its duration (optional)
We added new capabilities that make it simple to test inserts within your company.
- A new Tester role allows the addition of users who only have test permissions. These users can test inserts on various devices prior to publishing them but cannot author or publish any inserts.
- Once an insert is ready for testing, it can be submitted for testing from the wizard's Review page. The insert is moved to TEST status and all testers receive an email inviting them to test the insert.
- Testers can see all inserts submitted for testing in their dashboard.
- Once testing is successfully completed, the insert can be submitted for approval and published - by users with the appropriate roles.
- Insert authors can remove an insert from testing at any point.
App Version Stage
Another layer of control was added by enabling the admin to tag each app version with its Stage in the development cycle. By default, each new app version is created in Development stage and can be moved by an admin to other stages such as Test or Production.
App stage configuration can be updated by navigating to the App Versions tab on the app's configuration page.
When adding a new user, the admin can define the apps the user can access, the user's assigned roles, and the app stages to which the user has access. Users will not see inserts of app versions in stages to which they have not been given access.
For example, you can create a Tester user who does not have access to app versions in production.
Our SDKs now ֿsupport displaying inserts in either portrait or landscape mode according to the orientation of the application at the time the insert is triggered. If the application's orientation changes while the insert is visible, the insert will rotate accordingly.
Note that Insert's web preview feature is not yet supported for landscape mode. We recommend testing landscape inserts on real devices.
For apps which support both portrait and landscape orientations, we recommend using insert layouts with a background image instead of layouts with inner images to reduce the chance of a user having to scroll to view the entire insert.
This feature requires updating to the latest SDK.